The US-CERT Current Activity web page is a regularly updated summary of the most frequent, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT.
Oracle has released its Critical Patch Update for July 2010 to address 59 vulnerabilities across multiple products. This update contains the following security fixes:
- 6 for Oracle Database Server
- 2 for TimesTen In-Memory Database
- 5 for Oracle Secure Backup
- 7 for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- 1 for Oracle Enterprise Manager
- 7 for Oracle E-Business Suite
- 2 for Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite
- 8 for Oracle PeopleSoft and JDEdwards Suite
- 21 for Oracle Sun Products Suite
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Office as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2010. These vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the bulletins and follow best-practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
Oracle has issued a critical patch update pre-release announcement indicating that its July release will contain 59 new vulnerability fixes. Release of the critical patch update is scheduled for Tuesday, July 13, 2010.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the pre-release announcement; US-CERT will provide updates as they become available.