The US-CERT Current Activity web page is a regularly updated summary of the most frequent, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT.
Cisco has released two security advisories to address multiple product vulnerabilities, one of which may allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code with elevated privileges. The advisories are listed below:
- Cisco Wide Area Application Services Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- Multiple Vulnerabilities in Cisco NX-OS-Based Products
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the Cisco security advisories and apply any necessary updates.
Apple has released updates to OS X and iTunes to address multiple vulnerabilities, some of which could allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code, obtain website credentials, or take control of the affected system.
Updates are available:
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 for OS X Mavericks 10.9 to 10.9.2
- iTunes 11.2 for Windows 8, 7, Vista, and XP SP3 or later
- iTunes 11.2.1 for Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
Google has released Chrome 34.0.1847.137 for Windows, Mac, and Linux to address multiple vulnerabilities. Some of these vulnerabilities could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the Google Chrome Blog post and apply the necessary updates.