The US-CERT Current Activity web page is a regularly updated summary of the most frequent, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT.
BlackBerry has released a security advisory that addresses Adobe® Flash® remote code execution vulnerabilities that affect BlackBerry® Z10, BlackBerry® Q10 smartphone and BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet customers. These vulnerabilities could potentially allow an attacker to execute code with the rights of the application that opens the specially crafted malicious Flash content.
US-CERT recommends users and administrators to review the BlackBerry Security Advisory BSRT-2014-001 and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
Oracle has released its Critical Patch Update for January 2014 to address 144 vulnerabilities across multiple products. This update contains the following security fixes:
- 5 for Oracle Database Server
- 22 for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- 2 for Oracle Hyperion
- 4 for Oracle E-Business Suite
- 16 for Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite
- 17 for Oracle PeopleSoft Products
- 2 for Oracle Siebel CRM
- 1 for Oracle iLearning
- 1 for Oracle Financial Services Software
- 36 for Oracle Java SE
- 11 for Oracle and Sun Systems Products Suite
- 9 for Oracle Virtualization
- 18 for Oracle MySQL
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the January 2014 Critical Patch Update and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.
Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player (11.9.900.170) and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh, Adobe Flash Player (18.104.22.1682), and Linux to address multiple vulnerabilities that may allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Affected software versions:
- Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.170 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.1242 and earlier versions for Linux
- Adobe AIR 126.96.36.1990 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh
- Adobe AIR 188.8.131.520 and earlier versions of Android
- Adobe AIR 184.108.40.2060 SDK and earlier versions
- Adobe AIR 220.127.116.110 SDK & Compiler and earlier versions
US-CERT recommends that users and administrators review Adobe Security Bulletin APSB14-02 and follow best practice security policies to determine which updates should be applied.