Microsoft Security Advisory for Internet Explorer Exploit
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
An unpatched use-after-free vulnerability in Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8, and 9 is being exploited in the wild. Microsoft has released Security Advisory 2757760 with mitigation techniques.
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, 8, and 9 are susceptible to a use-after-free vulnerability. This vulnerability is being actively exploited in the wild. At this time, there is no patch available for this vulnerability. End-users can mitigate the vulnerability by using Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code, cause a denial of service, or gain unauthorized access to your files or system.
- September 18, 2012: Initial release
- September 19, 2012: Updated