Apple Mac OS X Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (Panther)
- Apple Mac OS X version 10.4.2 (Tiger)
- Apple Safari web browser
Apple has released Security Update 2005-007 to correct several vulnerabilities affecting Mac OS X and the Safari web browser. These vulnerabilities have a wide range of impacts, the most severe of which could allow an attacker to gain access to your computer.
Install an Update
Use the Mac OS X Software Update feature to download and install the updates. Consider scheduling Software Update to check for updates automatically (this option is enabled by default).
Apple Mac OS X has multiple vulnerabilities that could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer. Installing the update from Apple will correct these vulnerabilities.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA05-229A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA05-229A.html>
- Apple Security Update 2005-007 - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=302163>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
August 17, 2005: Initial release