- Microsoft Windows
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Windows.
The Microsoft Security Bulletin for November 2005 addresses vulnerabilities in the way Microsoft Windows processes image files. By tricking you into viewing maliciously altered image files, such as pictures on web sites or in email messages, an attacker may crash or take over your computer.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Alert TA05-312A.
- Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-053 - <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-053.mspx>
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 2005 - <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms05-nov.mspx>
- US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#300549 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/300549>
- US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#433341 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/433341>
- Microsoft Update - <https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate>
Author: US-CERT. .
November 8, 2005: Initial release
May 12, 2006: Corrected production statement