Apple Mac Products Affected by Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (Panther) and version 10.4.7 (Tiger)
- Apple Safari web browser
- Apple Mail
Mac OS X, Safari web browser, Mail, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilites. Apple has released Security Update 2006-004 to address these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which may allow a remote attacker to place and run malicious code on your computer.
Install an Update
Disable "Open 'safe' files after downloading"
For additional protection, disable the option to "Open 'safe' files after downloading," as specified in "Securing Your Web Browser."
Mac OS X, Safari web browser, Mail, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Some of these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Alert TA06-214A.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-214A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA06-214A.html>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/#Safari>
- Apple Security Update 2006-004 - <hhttp://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304063>
- Vulnerability Notes for Apple Security Update 2006-004 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apple-2006-004>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
August 2, 2006: Initial release
October 2, 2006: Corrected mistaken link to Technical Alert