Multiple Vulnerabilities in Apple and Adobe Products
- Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (Panther) and version 10.4.7 (Tiger)
- Safari web browser
- Adobe Flash Player
These vulnerabilities affect both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Apple systems.
Mac OS X, Safari, Adobe Flash Player, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Apple has released Security Update 2006-006 to address these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which may allow a remote attacker to place and run malicious code on your computer.
Install an Update
Mac OS X, Safari, Adobe Flash Player, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Some of these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Alert TA06-275A.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-275A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA06-275A.html>
- About the security content of the Mac OS X 10.4.8 Update and Security Update 2006-006 - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304460>
- Vulnerability Notes for Apple Security Update 2006-006 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apple-2006-006>
- Mac OS X 10.4.8 Update (Intel) - <http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosx1048updateintel.html>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
- Vulnerability Notes for Adobe Security Bulletin APSB06-11 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apsb06-11>
- Adobe Security Bulletin APSB06-11 - <http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb06-11.html>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/#Safari>
August 2, 2006: Initial release