Apple Releases Security Update to Address Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.9 (Panther) and version 10.4.8 (Tiger)
- Safari web browser
These vulnerabilities affect both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Apple systems.
Mac OS X, Safari, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Apple has released Security Update 2006-007 to address these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which may allow a remote attacker to place and run malicious programs on your computer.
Install an Update
Mac OS X, Safari, and other products are affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Some of these vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Alert TA06-333A.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA06-333A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA06-333A.html>
- About the security content of Security Update 2006-007 - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304829>
- Vulnerability Notes for Apple Security Update 2006-007 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apple-2006-007>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/#Safari>
November 29, 2006: Initial release