Mozilla Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Mozilla SeaMonkey
- Netscape Browser
Other products based on Mozilla components may also be affected.
Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, and derived products contain several vulnerabilities. By taking advantage of one or more of these vulnerabilities, an attacker may be able to take control of your computer.
Upgrade to the latest versions of Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey
Mozilla has released Firefox 18.104.22.168, Firefox 22.214.171.124, Thunderbird 126.96.36.199, Thunderbird 188.8.131.52, SeaMonkey 1.0.9, and SeaMonkey 1.1.2 to correct these problems. By default, Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey automatically check for updates.
Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 was released on June 13, 2007.
Support for Firefox 1.5 is scheduled to end in June 2007. According to Mozilla:Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until June 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2.
Mozilla products, including the Firefox web browser and Thunderbird email application, contain a number of vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to access your computer, run programs that could cause your computer to crash, or gain control of your computer. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing you to visit a web site or read an HTML formatted email message.
For more technical information, please see US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-151A.
- US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-151A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-151A.html>
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=mozilla_20070531>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/browser_security.html#Mozilla_Firefox>
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories - <http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/>
- Firefox - Rediscover the Web - <http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/>
- Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox - <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/>
- The SeaMonkey Project - <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/>
- Mozilla Hall of Fame - <http://www.mozilla.org/university/HOF.html>
- Site Controls - <http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/help/options-site.jsp>
May 31, 2007: Initial release
June 08 2007: Updated information regarding availability of Thunderbird 220.127.116.11
June 20 2007: Updated alert to note that Thunderbird 18.104.22.168 is now available