Mozilla Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird
Other products based on Mozilla components may also be affected.
Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, and derived products contain several vulnerabilities. By taking advantage of one or more of these vulnerabilities, an attacker may be able to take control of your computer.
Upgrade to the latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird.
Mozilla products, including the Firefox web browser and Thunderbird email application, contain a number of vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to access your computer, run programs that could cause your computer to crash, or gain control of your computer. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing you to visit a web site or read an HTML formatted email message.
For more technical information, please see US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-199A.
- US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-151A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-199A.html>
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=mozilla_20070717>
- Securing Your Web Browser - <http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/browser_security.html#Mozilla_Firefox>
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories - <http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/>
- Firefox - Rediscover the Web - <http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/>
- Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox - <http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/>
- Mozilla Hall of Fame - <http://www.mozilla.org/university/HOF.html>
July 18, 2007: Initial release