- Apple Mac OS X versions prior to and including 10.4.11 (Tiger) and 10.5.1 (Leopard)
These vulnerabilities affect both Intel-based and PowerPC-based Apple systems.
Apple Mac OS X is affected by multiple vulnerabilities. Apple has released Security Update 2007-009 to address these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which may allow a remote attacker to take control of your computer.
Install an Update
Apple Mac OS X is affected by multiple vulnerabilities. These vulnerabilities could allow an attacker to run malicious programs on your computer, crash your computer, access your data, or initiate a video conference without your approval.
For more technical information, see US-CERT Technical Alert TA07-352A.
- US-CERT Technical Cyber Security Alert TA07-352A - <http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-352A.html>
- Vulnerability notes for Apple Security Update 2007-009 - <http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=apple-2007-009>
- Apple Security Update 2007-009 - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=307179>
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704>
December 18, 2007: Initial release