Adobe Macromedia Flash Products Contain Vulnerabilities
- Flash Player 18.104.22.168 and earlier
- Flash Professional 8
- Flash Basic
- Flash MX 2004
- Flash Debug Player 22.214.171.124 and earlier
- Flex 1.5
- Breeze Meeting Add-In 5.1 and earlier
- Adobe Macromedia Shockwave Player 10.1.0.11 and earlier
For more complete information, refer to Adobe Security Bulletin APSB06-03.
There are critical vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash player and related software. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Adobe Security Bulletin APSB06-03 addresses vulnerabilities in Macromedia Flash Player and related software. Further information is available in the following US-CERT Vulnerability Note:
VU#945060 - Adobe Macromedia Flash products contain multiple vulnerabilities
Several vulnerabilities in Adobe Macromedia Flash products may allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system.
Several operating systems, including Microsoft Windows (see Microsoft Security Advisory 916208), have vulnerable versions of Flash installed by default. Systems with Flash-enabled web browsers are vulnerable. An attacker could host a specially crafted Flash file on a web site and convince a user to visit the site.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the user. If the user is logged on with administrative privileges, the attacker could take complete control of an affected system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Adobe has provided the updates for these vulnerabilities in APBS06-03.
Please see Microsoft Security Advisory 916208 for instructions on how to disable Flash on Microsoft Windows. For other operating systems and web browsers, please contact the appropriate vendor.
Appendix A. References
- Macromedia - APSB06-03: Flash Player Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities - http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/security/security_zone/apsb06-03.html
- US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#945060 - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/945060
- CVE-2006-0024 - http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-0024
- Microsoft Security Advisory (916208) - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/916208.mspx
Feedback can be directed to the US-CERT Technical Staff.
March 16, 2006: Initial release