- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Publisher
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Publisher. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Publisher as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2006.
Further information will be available in the following Vulnerability Notes.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the September 2006 Security Bulletins. The security bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Note any known issues described in the bulletins and test for any potentially adverse affects in your environment.
System administrators may wish to consider using Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft September 2006 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms06-sep
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for September 2006 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-sep.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Microsoft Office Update - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
September 12, 2006: Initial release