- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Works
- Microsoft Malware Protection Engine
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Step-by-Step Interactive Training
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Works, Malware Protection Engine, Visual Studio, and Step-by-Step Interactive Training. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Works, Malware Protection Engine, Visual Studio, and Step-by-Step Interactive Training as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Some of the updates released for Microsoft Office address vulnerabilities that are actively being exploited. For more information, refer to the following Vulnerability Notes.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the February 2007 Security Bulletins. The Security Bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Note any known issues described in the Bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects in your environment.
System administrators may wish to consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft February 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-feb
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for February 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-feb.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Microsoft Office Update - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
February 13, 2007: Initial release
February 15, 2007: Updated links to Office vulnerabilities