- Apple Mac OS X version 10.3.x and 10.4.x
- Apple Mac OS X Server version 10.3.x and 10.4.x
- Apple iChat
Apple has released Security Update 2007-002 to correct multiple vulnerabilities affecting Apple Mac OS X, Mac OS X Server, and iChat. The most serious of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code. Attackers may take advantage of the less serious vulnerabilities to bypass security restrictions or cause a denial of service.
The vulnerabilities addressed in this update were previously disclosed as part of the Month of Apple Bugs project.
The impacts of these vulnerabilities vary. Potential consequences include remote execution of arbitrary code or commands, bypass of security restrictions, and denial of service.
Install Updates from Apple
- Vulnerability Notes for Apple Security Update 2007-002 - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=Apple-2007-002
- About the security content of Security Update 2007-002 - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305102
- Month of Apple Bugs - http://projects.info-pull.com/moab/index.html
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704
- Apple Downloads - http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/
February 16, 2007: Initial release