- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Content Management Server
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Content Management Server. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Content Management Server as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
These updates include a fix to address a previously disclosed vulnerability in the Windows Client/Server Run-time Subsystem.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service or launch cross-site scripting attacks.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2007. The Security Bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Note any known issues described in the Bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects in your operating system environment.
System administrators may wish to consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft April 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-apr
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for April 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-apr.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
April 10, 2007: Initial release