Microsoft Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office for Windows and Mac OS X
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft CAPICOM
- Microsoft BizTalk
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Exchange, Cryptographic API Component Object Model (CAPICOM), and BizTalk. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Office, Exchange, CAPICOM, and BizTalk as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
In addition a previously disclosed vulnerability in Microsoft DNS RPC is addressed in this update.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the May 2007 Security Bulletins. The Security Bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Note any known issues described in the Bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects in your environment.
System administrators may wish to consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft May 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-may
- Technical Cyber Security Alert TA07-103A: Microsoft Windows DNS RPC Buffer Overflow - http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA07-103A.html
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for May 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-may.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Microsoft Office Update - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/
- Microsoft Office for Mac Update - http://www.microsoft.com/mac/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
May 8, 2007: Initial release