- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Mozilla SeaMonkey
- Netscape Browser
Other products based on Mozilla components may also be affected.
The Mozilla web browser and derived products contain several vulnerabilities, the most severe of which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on an affected system.
Mozilla has released new versions of Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey to address several vulnerabilities. Further details about these vulnerabilities are available from Mozilla and the Vulnerability Notes Database. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to view a specially-crafted HTML document, such as a web page or an HTML email message.
Support for Firefox 1.5 is scheduled to end in June 2007. According to Mozilla:
Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until June 2007. All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to Firefox 2.
While the impacts of the individual vulnerabilities vary, the most severe could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
These vulnerabilities are addressed in Mozilla Firefox 18.104.22.168, Firefox 22.214.171.124, Thunderbird 126.96.36.199, Thunderbird 188.8.131.52, SeaMonkey 1.0.9, SeaMonkey 1.1.2. By default, Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, and SeaMonkey automatically check for updates.
Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 was released on June 13, 2007.
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=mozilla_20070531
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/browser_security.html#Mozilla_Firefox
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories - http://www.mozilla.org/security/announce/
- Known Vulnerabilities in Mozilla Products - http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/known-vulnerabilities.html
- Mozilla Hall of Fame - http://www.mozilla.org/university/HOF.html
- Site Controls - http://browser.netscape.com/ns8/help/options-site.jsp
May 31, 2007: Initial release
June 20 2007: Updated alert to note that Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 is now available