- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Windows Mail
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Microsoft Secure Channel
- Win32 API
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Windows Secure Channel, Internet Explorer, Win32 API, Windows Mail and Outlook Express. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows, Windows Secure Channel, Internet Explorer, Win32 API, Visio, Outlook Express and Windows Mail as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the June 2007 Security Bulletins. The Security Bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Administrators are encouraged to note any known issues that are described in the Bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects.
System administrators may wish to consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft June 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-jun
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for June 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-jun.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Microsoft Office Update - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
June 12, 2007: Initial release