- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Firewall
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, Excel, Publisher, .NET Framework, Internet Information Services, and Windows Vista Firewall. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows, Excel, Publisher, .NET Framework, Internet Information Services, and Windows Vista Firewall as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service on a vulnerable system.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary code on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a denial of service.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the July 2007 Security Bulletins. The Security Bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Administrators are encouraged to note any known issues that are described in the Bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects.
System administrators may wish to consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft July 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-jul
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-jul.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Microsoft Office Update - http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
July 10, 2007: Initial release