Apple QuickTime Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple Mac OS X
- Microsoft Windows
Apple QuickTime contains multiple vulnerabilities. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial-of-service condition.
Apple QuickTime 7.3 resolves multiple vulnerabilities in the way different types of image and media files are handled. An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to access a specially crafted image or media file that could be hosted on a web page.
Note that Apple iTunes installs QuickTime, so any system with iTunes is vulnerable.
These vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary code or commands and cause a denial-of-service condition. For further information, please see About the security content of QuickTime 7.3.
Secure your web browser
To help mitigate these and other vulnerabilities that can be exploited via a web browser, refer to Securing Your Web Browser.
- About the security content of the QuickTime 7.3 Update - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306896
- How to tell if Software Update for Windows is working correctly when no updates are available - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304263
- Apple - QuickTime - Download - http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
- Mac OS X: Updating your software - http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106704
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
November 06, 2007: Initial release