Microsoft Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Windows DNS Server
Microsoft has released updates that address critical vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows DNS Server. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary commands or to cause a Windows DNS server to provide incorrect DNS responses.
Microsoft has released updates to address vulnerabilities that affect Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Windows DNS Server as part of the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 2007. The most severe vulnerabilities could allow a remote, unauthenticated attacker to execute arbitrary commands or cause a Windows DNS server to provide incorrect DNS responses.
Further information about the vulnerabilities addressed by these updates is available in the Vulnerability Notes Database.
A remote, unauthenticated attacker could execute arbitrary commands on a vulnerable system. An attacker may also be able to cause a Windows DNS server to provide incorrect responses to DNS queries.
Apply updates from Microsoft
Microsoft has provided updates for these vulnerabilities in the November 2007 security bulletins. The security bulletins describe any known issues related to the updates. Administrators are encouraged to note any known issues that are described in the bulletins and test for any potentially adverse effects.
System administrators should consider using an automated patch distribution system such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- US-CERT Vulnerability Notes for Microsoft November 2007 updates - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=ms07-nov
- Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for November 2007 - http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms07-nov.mspx
- Microsoft Update - https://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/
- Windows Server Update Services - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/updateservices/default.mspx
- Securing Your Web Browser - http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/securing_browser/
November 13, 2007: Initial release