Adobe Updates for Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52 and earlier
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 and earlier
Adobe has released Security bulletin APSB07-20 to address multiple vulnerabilities affecting Adobe Flash Player. Attackers could exploit these vulnerabilities to execute arbitrary code, perform DNS rebinding and cross-site scripting attacks, conduct port scans, or cause a denial of service.
Adobe Security Update APSB07-20 addresses a number of vulnerabilities affecting Adobe Flash 220.127.116.11 and earlier, 18.104.22.168 and earlier and 7.0.70 and earlier. Further details are available in the related vulnerability notes.
An attacker could exploit these vulnerabilities by convincing a user to load a specially crafted Flash file. Flash content is widely deployed on the internet. An attacker could distribute Flash files using web sites that allow user-supplied content, like popular social networking sites.
The impacts of these vulnerabilities vary. An attacker may be able to execute arbitrary code, perform DNS rebinding or cross-site scripting attacks, conduct port scans, or cause a denial of service.
Upgrade Flash Player
Upgrade Flash Player according to the information in Adobe Security bulletin APSB97-20. For the port scanning issue (CVE-2007-4324), consider ActionScript network socket functionality per TechNote kb402956.
- Vulnerability notes for Adobe Security Update APSB07-20 - http://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/byid?searchview&query=APSB07-20
- Adobe Security Bulletin APSB07-20 - http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb07-20.html
- Securing Your Web Browser -http://www.us-cert.gov/reading_room/securing_browser/
December 21, 2007: Initial release