Cisco has released three security advisories to address vulnerabilities affecting the following products:
- Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA)
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Service Module (ASASM)
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Service Module (FWSM)
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software 7.1 and 7.2
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4, 8.6
These vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial-of-service condition.
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review Cisco Security Advisories cisco-sa-20120314-asa, cisco-sa-20120314-fwsm, and cisco-sa-20120314-asaclient and apply any necessary updates to help mitigate the risk.
Additional information regarding CVE-2012-0358 can be found in the US-CERT Vulnerability Note VU#339177.