The US-CERT Current Activity web page is a regularly updated summary of the most frequent, high-impact types of security incidents currently being reported to the US-CERT.
Adobe has released security updates to address a vulnerability in Flash Player, which could potentially allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
Users and administrators are encouraged to review Adobe Security Bulletin APSB15-02 and apply the necessary updates.
Oracle has released its Critical Patch Update for January 2015 to address 169 vulnerabilities across multiple products.
This update contains the following security fixes:
- 8 for Oracle Database Server
- 36 for Oracle Fusion Middleware
- 10 for Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control
- 10 for Oracle E-Business Suite
- 6 for Oracle Supply Chain Products Suite
- 7 for Oracle PeopleSoft Products
- 1 for Oracle JD Edwards Products
- 17 for Oracle Siebel CRM
- 2 for Oracle iLearning
- 2 for Oracle Communications Applications
- 1 for Oracle Retail Applications
- 1 for Oracle Health Sciences Applications
- 19 for Oracle Java SE
- 29 for Oracle Sun Systems Products Suite
- 11 for Oracle Linux and Virtualization
- 9 for Oracle MySQL
US-CERT encourages users and administrators to review the Oracle January 2015 Critical Patch Update and apply the necessary updates.
Ubuntu has released security updates to address multiple vulnerabilities affecting Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, 12.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, and 14.10. Exploitation of these vulnerabilities may allow an attacker to cause a denial of service or execute arbitrary code.
Users and administrators are encouraged to review Ubuntu Security Notices USN-2460-1, USN-2477-1, USN-2478-1, and USN-2479-1, and apply the necessary updates.