Events and Media
We directly engage with organizations across the Nation to embrace a more sustained, proactive approach towards strengthening critical infrastructure cybersecurity. Our events are forums for industry, Federal, State, local, tribal, and territorial government partners, and other organizations of all sizes to discuss evolving cyber risk management needs and work together to forge solutions.
Regional Event Series
We host regional meetings across the Nation focused on Cybersecurity Framework use and available community resources available to various sectors and regions.
The primary goal of the Webinar Series is to encourage those unfamiliar to better understand and interact with our centralized repository of cyber risk management practices, tools, and procedures. Featuring topics such as incorporating threat information into Framework use and communicating about cybersecurity with the C-suite.
- Cybersecurity Threats to the Healthcare SectorWednesday, July 17, 2019 1:00 pm EDT
This webinar, conducted by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the American Hospital Association (AHA), focuses on current cybersecurity threats to the healthcare sector. The webinar provides healthcare professionals and their customers information about ransomware and best practices for securing medical devices.
- Webinar: Investing in Cybersecurity through Preparedness GrantsWednesday, May 29, 20191:00 pm EDT to 2:00 pm EDT
This webinar provides information about Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) preparedness grants available to state, local, tribal, and territorial (SLTT) governments. Experts from FEMA and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) discuss how grants can be leveraged to support cybersecurity investments, as well as grant requirements and assistance available to applicants.
- Webinar: National Critical FunctionsMonday, May 20, 20191:00 pm EDT to 2:00 pm EDT
Join this discussion to learn about National Critical Functions – functions of government and the private sector that are vital to U.S. national security, economic security, and public health and safety. This new construct will allow for a more strategic, resilient, holistic, and cross-cutting approach to risk management across the critical infrastructure ecosystem.
- Webinar: Educate and Train Your Cybersecurity WorkforceThursday, April 11, 20191:00 pm EDT to 2:00 pm EDT
- Chinese Cyber Activity Targeting Managed Service ProvidersWednesday, February 6, 20191:00 pm EST to 2:00 pm EST
Other webinar dates: February 14, 2019; February 22, 2019
Blogs and Articles
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Taking Measure BlogMonday, October 31, 2016
Sizing Up the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
By Carrie Johnson, Manager of Government & External Relations, SDN Communications
- Data Security Law BlogTuesday, September 15, 2015
Department of Homeland Security: "The C-Suite and Cybersecurity"
By Craig Newman, Partner, Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- CyberRx White PaperSaturday, August 1, 2015
Every Small Business Should Use the NIST Cybersecurity Framework
By Ola Sage, Founder & CEO, eManagement
- Startups, Think About Cybersecurity on Day OneSunday, March 1, 2015
Startups, Think About Cybersecurity on Day One (PDF | 51KB)
- George Mason University Center for Infrastructure Protection and Homeland Security CIP Report ArticleTuesday, July 1, 2014
NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the C³ Voluntary Program: Improving Cyber Resilience in the Private Sector
By Thad Odderstol, Director, Industry Engagement & Resilience, DHS